Friday, October 31, 2014

Classic Review: My Little Pony Generation 1



For the next 3 days, I'll be reviewing previous generations of My Little Pony. First up, of course, is G1. Get my review below the break.

On the G1 series, the ponies lived in ponyland. They had a peaceful life, but not all creatures of ponyland are so peaceful. They would go up against creatures like trolls, witches goblins, and other creatures that want to see the ponies enslaved, destroyed, or otherwise harmed. They would often get help from Megan, a human girl, and sometimes her brother Danny and sister Molly.

The G1 series started out as a special called Rescue at Midnight Castle in 1984. Another special called Escape From Catrina aired in 1985. A feature film called My Little Pony: The Movie came out in 1986, and the series officially started that fall and ran for a year.

I've seen some mixed response over the internet for G1. Everyone seems to agree that it's the best before G4 but not al of them actually like it. I like it. I agree that it's not as good as Friendship is Magic but I find the series to be enjoyable. The villains actually pose as a threat to the ponies and the show isn't too girly. I like watching it and I don't care if people think it's "too girly" or "too boring."

Final Score: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment