Saturday, November 1, 2014

Classic Review: My Little Pony Tales



Welcome to day two of my reviews of past MLP generations. Today, I will be reviewing My Little Pony Tales. Before I do, I just want to clear something up. There are a lot of people that think this is part of G2. It's not. It's part of G1. G2 didn't start until 1997, and it had no media adaptions. Anyway, get my review below the break.

My Little Pony Tales focused on seven ponies: Starlight, Sweetheart, Melody, Bright Eyes, Patch, Clover, Bon Bon, and Lyra (not really Lyra). They lived in Ponyland, which as oppose to the previous series, is  a society of anthropomorphic ponies. They attend school, frequent the local ice cream shop, enter talent contests, and roller skate. Some of them have even begun to show romantic interests in boys, even going on dates with them.

My Little Pony Tales aired on The Disney Channel for one season in 1992. In the half hour block it aired in, the first segment was an episode from the 80s series. The second segment was from My Little Pony Tales.

Considering how much I liked the previous series, this was a big step down. It took away the fantasy elements, and the ponies don't go on any big adventures. They just stay in Ponyland and just focus on their own problems. The show still teaches life lessons, and the songs aren't that bad, but it doesn't have much else going for it. This show is girlier than it's preceeder, and it's not as entertaining. I've only seen a few episodes. I might see more someday, but I wasn't to fond of what I did see, so I'm in no hurry.

Final Score: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment