Sunday, November 2, 2014

Classic Review: My Little Pony Generation 3



Welcome to day three of my reviews of past MLP generations. Today, I will be reviewing what many believe to be the worst generation: G3. Get my review below the break.

My Little Pony G3 had no TV series. Instead, it was a series of direct to video specials and films. The ponies lived in Ponyville, which in no way resembles the Ponyville on FiM. They didn't have a set mane cast. It usually depended on the film/special. The later ones focused mainly on seven mane ponies:  Cheeriliee, Toola-Roola, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Starsong.

The G3 specials/films ran from from 2003-2009. They were released on VHS (up until The Princess Promenade) and DVD. I'm pretty sure they weren't released on Blu-ray, but if I'm mistaken, let me know in the comments.

G3 is considered by many to be the worst generation, and I agree with them. I don't think it's as bad as some bronies make it out to be, but I still don't like it. It's not very entertaining. When I watched it, I just sat there staring at the screen for at least 75% of the time. It's also the girliest generation. That part doesn't bother me too much, but it's still a real turn-off. It's like the people making these didn't even put any effort into them. It seems lite they just made them to do what Hasbro wanted them to do, and that was to sell toys. There is an audience for them, but I'm not in it. I don't recommend it.

Final Score: 1.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment