Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas everypony! I do have a message I want to say. Get it below the break.

First, I want to apologize for not updating that much lately. I've just been too busy, but there are a couple of things I've been wanting to write about. Now that I'm on Christmas vacation, I should be able to find more time. Second, I just wanted to wish everyone a safe and merry Christmas, and please remember two people we lost this year that made Christmas more special.

Arthur Rankin Jr.



Arthur Rankin Jr. died on January 30 after a brief illness. He was 89. With Jules Bass, he made all those Rankin/Bass specials millions grew up with. In addition to holiday specials, some other notable Rankin/Bass works include the 1982 movie The Last Unicorn and the original Thundercats TV series.

Mickey Rooney



Mickey Rooney died of natural causes on April 6 after a show business career that spanned most of his life. He was 93. He played Santa if four Christmas specials: Santa Clause Is Comin' to Town, The Year Without a Santa Claus, Rudolph and Frosty's Christmas in July, and A Miser Brothers' Christmas. He first appeared in a vaudeville act when he was 17 months old, and made his film  debut at age 6. Some of his notable roles were in A Midsummer Night's Dream, Boys Town, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, and The Fox and The Hound. In spite all he's done, my favorite role of his was actually a guest spot in the Full House episode Arrest Ye Merry Gentlemen. He played a novelty store owner who refused to exchange Michelle's gift for Danny on Christmas Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment