Sunday, March 29, 2015

2015 Kids' Choice Awards: My Thoughts


Last night was the 28th Annual Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards. Initially, I was going to write a post listing the winners since Nick and More shut down earlier this month, but I decided to write an opinion post instead. This is more of an opinion site than a news site anyway.
 If you want to know who won, go here. Otherwise, get my thoughts below.

I'll start by saying the biggest shocker: Austin & Ally won for Favorite Kids TV Show. I know that's what I predicted who would win, but I was becoming sure that Nick rigs the KCAs in their favor. I was sitting there expecting it to be either Henry Danger or Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn. Not only that, but Ross Lynch and Laura Marano won for Favorite TV Actor and Favorite TV Actress respectively. They were up against Nick stars in both categories. Maybe Nick is just doing this to make the KCAs look legit, but who knows?

I was also surprised by the winner of Favorite Animated Movie. The winner in that category was Big Hero 6. I haven't seen it yet, but I hear it's a good movie, so I'm not too surprised, but it was up against The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water. I thought it would win because no matter what, kids vote for Spongebob. Honestly , I think Nick should've waited until next year to put it on the ballot. It's only been out for a couple of months, so there's still a good amount of people that haven't seen it.

I don't really have anything to say about the rest of the results. The rest either matched my prediction or I didn't know enough about the other categories to have any thoughts.

After the KCAs was a preview of a new Nicktoon called Harvey Beaks. I watched it, and yes, I will be reviewing it. As for when it goes up, I'm really not sure. I'm hoping to get it up tomorrow but it could really be anytime within the next week. Until then, don't ask me what I thought of it. All I'm going to say about it prior to posting my review is that I've seen it.

 So that concludes my thoughts on this years Kids' Choice Awards. I don't really have anything to say about next year's show except that I hope Jack Black will be hosting again. I thought he did great other times he hosted, and with Kung Fu Panda 3 coming out next year, it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment