Monday, March 30, 2015

Harvey Beaks


I don't like a whole lot of modern Nicktoons, specifically Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners. I actually did watch Sanjay and Craig for a while and a few episodes weren't too bad, but the only one I really liked was Trouble Dare, and that was only because it was a crossover with an old Nick game show called Double Dare. Breadwinners is a different story. When I saw the promo for it, I said "Forget it. This show looks horrible." I finally watched a few episodes and didn't like it at all. Harvey Beaks, however, is a show I've been looking forward to because it was created by C.H. Greenblatt, the creator of Chowder. So how did that work out? Get my review below.

Harvey Beaks is a fun loving bird that wants to follow the rules, but that's tested by his friends, Fee and Foo, who don't live by any rules. This brings out his wild side. No matter what they're doing, two things always happen: They have some fun, and they cause some trouble.

When I started watching the first episode, I honestly didn't know what to expect I love Chowder, but with the way Nick is these days, I just didn't know what this show would be like. I was not disappointed.To an extent, this felt a lot like watching Chowder. The character design is very similar on both shows. My mom even noticed it (though it took me pointing out who created it for her to notice). The stye of humor isn't as crazy as it is on Chowder, but it's still very fun to watch. There are a couple of jokes that could be a turn off, but apart from that, I really enjoyed it.

So overall, this is definitely a good show. If you like Chowder, then I definitely recommend watching this. Nick finally has a good Nicktoon.

Final Score: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment