Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sofia the First


When it comes to preschool shows, this is how it is for me: I still like most of the ones I grew up with to the point of still watching them once in a while. There are a couple I don't really like anymore, such as Dora the Explorer and Littler Einsteins. I liked them back in the day, and they're good for some nostalgia (especially Dora) but otherwise I can't really stand to watch them anymore.

I don't try the newer ones because I doubt I'd like them or they wouldn't be my thing. But apparently, Sofia the First has a small fanbase outside it's target audience, including a 19 year old guy I follow on Twitter, and if he's reading this, then he probably knows I'm talking about him. I mostly ignored it for a while before I decided to watch a few episodes. Get my review below.

Sofia the First centers on Sofia, an ordinary 8 year old girl who suddenly becomes a princess when her mother, Miranda, marries King Roland II of Enchancia. Upon moving into the castle, she receives an amulet from her new father called the Amulet of Avalor, which allows her to talk to understand and talk to animals and summon Disney Princesses if she needs their help. However, the amulet is targeted by a sorcerer named Cedric, who wants to use it's power to take over the kingdom as King Cedric the Great.

This show was fairly decent. It does have stuff I can enjoy and the characters are pretty likable. I'll watch it sometimes, but it probably isn't something I'll watch all the time, though I did have similar thoughts on My Little Pony when I first watched it, so that could change as I see more episodes.

Final score: 2.81/5

No comments:

Post a Comment