Sunday, October 11, 2015

Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!


My all time favorite cartoon is Scooby-Doo. I loved it as a kid and I still love it today. The last series, Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. was a good show and I liked it but I was never a huge fan because it was darker than Scooby usually is. The next series, BeCool,Scooby-Doo!, is a return to Scooby's comedic roots. Is it any good?

In Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!, the Mystery Inc. gang have finished up their senior year of high school and decide to travel in the Mystery Machine for what could be their last summer together. Of course, they run into monsters, but if they didn't, then how would this be Scooby-Doo?

Going into this, I was honestly expecting it to be terrible but it was actually pretty good. It did well on it's promise to return to Scooby's comedic roots. It had the characters doing what they always do and in that way it was a lot like the original series.

This show isn't without it's flaws, though. The biggest flaw is the character designs. The character designs are plain awful. They took the original designs and I don't know what they did with them. They also dumbed down Daphne. They made use of Danger-Prone Daphne for the first time in I don't know how long, which I liked, but they have her in a running gag each episode, which isn't terrible, but it makes her seem stupider than she's been in the past.

Overall, I like this show. Yes, it has flaws, but it makes up for it pretty well. What I thought would be a terrible series turned out to be something I'll be watching regularly.

Final Score: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment