Sunday, November 13, 2016

Mighty Magiswords

Image Source: Cartoon Brew
In September, Cartoon Network debuted a show called Mighty Magiswords. Created by Kyle A. Carrozza, it started out as a series of short's on Cartoon Network's website. I've been aware of the shorts or a while now, but haven't seen any of them (and still haven't, I'll get to it eventually), so this was all new to me. Leading up to it's premiere though, I could tell that this was something people were interested in. So did this live up to the hype?
Mighty Magiswords is about two siblings named Vambre and Prohyas. They are a team of "Warriors for Hire" who go on adventures and quests around the world to find and collect magical swords.

This show can be pretty good. I like the characters. In addition to Prohyas and Vambre, there are a good amount of recurring characters as well. The stories are pretty good, too. There can be some good action and humor as well.

I still do have one big issue with this show, and that's the pacing. It can keep up with it, but it can be a bit tricky at times. Not sure what I'm talking about? Here's a clip:


Overall, I liked this show. The pacing hurts it a bit, but even with that, there are still other qualities to make up for it.

Final score: 3.2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment