Monday, March 13, 2017

Hanazuki: Full of Treasures

Image source: YouTube
On January 12, Hasbro debuted their first digital series, Hanazuki: Full of Treasures. It was first created in 2005 by Dutch art director Niko Stumpo and partner Hanneke Metselaar. They started selling their own creations and one product that took off was Hanazuki. Hasbro later purchased the rights to their company. For more on the history of Hanazuki, a blogger named Dandelion Sprout did a good job writing about it.

As for the series, it has Dave Polsky, who's known for his work on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, serving as co-executive producer and story editor. I wasn't really sure what to expect from it, but I was willing to give it a shot. Was it any good?

Hanazuki is a young moonflower who embarks on a journey to save her moon from dark forces that threaten to destroy it. Through this adventure, she meets new friends and discovers surprises and new feelings, learning that her moods prove to be quite powerful.

I feel this show starts out pretty good at first. I can understand why some may not find it that good at first, but I liked it from the beginning. I liked the setting and the characters. I found the stories to be good as well. The animation is also fine.

It was with the second set of episodes that I feel things really started to pick up. I don't want to give away much, but we learn more about the universe and get introduced to villains. If I were to guess, this seems to be where the main story is actually starting. So far, I'm really liking it and I'm really interested in seeing where it goes from here.

Overall, I'm really liking this show. It was good at first, then just got better with the second set of episodes that were released and I can't wait to see more. If you want to check this show out, it's on Hasbro's YouTube channel.

Final score: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment