Saturday, July 22, 2017

OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes

Image source: RegularCapital
OK K.O.! started out as a pilot Cartoon Network released in 2013, followed by a series of online shorts in 2016. It was created by Ian Jones-Quarty, who was previously known for his work on Adventure Time and Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, and has since worked on Steven Universe. I don't think I liked the pilot and shorts as much as others seemed to, but I liked them nonetheless and was glad when I heard it was picked up to full series.

It doesn't premiere on TV until August 1, but the first 6 episodes were released on the Cartoon Network website, app, and On Demand on June 13. As of this writing, none of them require a cable log in on the app or website (though I don't know if it's geoblocked outside the U.S.).

OK K.O.! is set in Lakewood Plaza, which is a mall for heroes. A young boy named K.O. and his friends, who work at a hero supply shop in Lakewood Plaza called Gar's Bodega, are constantly trying to level up and overcome the obstacles of Lord Boxman, who wants to destroy the plaza. Some of the characters include Enid, a cashier at the bodega, Radicles, who stocks shelves, Gar, who owns the bodega, Carol, K.O.'s mom, and Lord Boxman, the main antagonist.

I really like the characters on this show. I find them to be entertaining and I enjoy what they bring to the show. I find Lord Boxman to be a pretty enjoyable villain. He's voiced by Jim Cummings, and I think he does a pretty good job. I like the animation as well.

Overall, I've actually enjoyed this show more than I thought I would. It's been pretty fun for me, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more.

Final score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment